A dining room has a very special role in every home aside from a mere place to eat that is often forgotten. This is the room where family and friends gather for meals together in warm and lovely atmosphere. This is the room where all the memories of thanksgiving dinners or Christmas dinner take place. Children happily eat they turkey and cousins chatter happily about their first semester in college, father talk about how his favorite sport club finally won a championship and the girls were gossiping about the hot new neighbor, all memories over meal in the dining room. With such important role it’s only normal that we want to fill the room with the best formal dining room furniture to make it more comfortable, appealing and pleasing to visit.
If you are just move in to a new house and planning to décor all of the room by yourself there many various things to consider. According to sheknows.com choosing the right formal dining room furniture has to consider the entire dining room to make sure that the furnishing and the wall paint, for instance, complement each other.
To guide you through the decoration process we provide you some guide and tips based on information from several trusted websites such as homeadvisor.com, sheknows.com and orlandosentinel.com. Here are the instructions:
- Before choosing any formal dining room furniture to fill the room you have to pick a color theme first. The current trend for dining room color theme is all about modern yet classy such as brown or grey.
- After finished picking the color theme the next step is to choose the right window treatment that will complement the whole room decoration. To give a dramatic, elegant effect for the room it is recommendable to use heavier fabrics with rich colors. Also try to hang the drapes higher than usual almost near the ceiling, this will give even more dramatic impact and make it look more formal. The Dupioni silk pole pocket drapes from pottery barn is the example of decent drapes for dining room at affordable prices from $110 to $320. You can buy the drapes at www.potterybarn.com.
- Now we’re moving to choose the formal dining room furniture especially the table that will become the center of the dining room as well as set the tone and general ambience of the room. The use of dark wood such as walnut and chestnut will give a decent formal look. For the chair you have to prioritize comfort so try to avoid the use of wooden chair as it can be pretty uncomfortable to sit for a long time, go for armless sofas or parsons chairs instead. You can visit www.havertys.com to find a wide range of formal dining room furniture collection for your home.
- Choose the lighting: Go for a vintage, antique yet simple old chandelier to add accent and personality to your formal dining room. You can get the chandelier at budget prices online or at some neighborhood antique shops.
Ideas of Formal Dining Room Furniture :
- Formal Dining Rooms: 5 Makeover Tips. homeadvisor.com/article.show.Formal-Dining-Rooms-5-Makeover-Tips.13905.html
- New ideas are turning the tables on formal dining rooms. articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-13/business/diningroom13_1_dining-rooms-dining-room-table-formal-dining
- Make Your Dining Room Your Own. sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/846681/formal-dining-room-decor
- Images: 16.jiaju.com, hiplyfe.com, homeaccentideas.com, ebay.com